Wednesday 13 April 2011

T-1 day and counting. Now it feels real!

This time tomorrow I’ll be head down, tail up, feeling either very happy or very distressed. It’s 1:20pm and I’m on a Virgin Blue flight to Sydney. I’ve said goodbye to the family, see you tomorrow night (about midnight). This CCIE exam thing now feels very real.

How’s my preparation been ? Well the five day self-managed boot camp peaked on day two and was a right off by three hours into day five. If the exam I get is like the lab I did on day two (Sunday), I’m in with a good chance (it was a three CUCM site lab with MGCP gateways). Then there was the enforced break – flying to Australia takes it time and its toll. I managed to skip jetlag in similar fashion to San Jose, by staying awake all day on the first day (hard given we landed at 6:55am, and I hadn’t slept since somewhere over the India many hours earlier). I did do three hours on the racks yesterday, just to strip off the rust induced by boat trips and family gatherings (many more to come after the exam!). My tee time is 12:40 on Friday, I may be a CCIE by then who knows!

So for the rest of the day, it’s land, then up to the hotel in St Leonards just around the corner from Cisco. Think I’ll pop in and say hi, just to make sure I’m at the right place. Then off to do some tourist stuff, and dinner. Read over my notes from Vik’s boot camp, then bed, early of course (But not too early as I don’t want to wake up at 4am!). Up tomorrow at 6am, breakfast at 6:30, walk down to be at Cisco for 7:45 – 8am is crunch time. There’s only one voice seat in Sydney and it has my name on it – lets hope that by 5:30 it has my number on it too!

No comments:

Post a Comment