Sunday 31 January 2010

#networkers2010 – Restaurant day 3 – Seven Portes

There are times you go to a place and something is very memorable. A few (quite a few) years ago, I went with my wife and some of her family to this restaurant and had exceptional food, and wonderful service. So it seemed only right that on the last night, a couple of my colleagues should be shown, what I believe is one of the best restaurants in Barcelona.

The 7 portes was opened more than 170 years ago which says something about the establishment. I had a simple desire from the menu, a seafood platter – astonishingly, there were three to chose from, so I went with the Seafood Medley – which contained steamed shell fish, including lobster, mussels, prawns and langoustines. This can only be described as the freshest, finest meal of the week (and they have all been excellent, so that is some claim). My colleagues also raved about their meals – the farmhouse chicken, was succulent and plentiful, while the brochette of sausages were also devoured with enthusiasm and enjoyment - “bangers and mash” Spanish style!

The service was excellent as would be expected in a place that has survived this long. An all together thoroughly enjoyable experience (again!).

No comments:

Post a Comment